The winners of the 2017 Tamar Trotters Grand Prix Series.
Steve Baker and Maggie Bunting
The Tamar Trotters Grand Prix series is our annual club competition open to all members.
The series is designed so that anyone can earn a trophy regardless of their pace.
It is kindly supported by the
China Fleet Country Club.
Please see details below of our Club Grand Prix for 2018,
● We are aiming for one race per month and will give one point simply based on representing our club. The aim is to build club spirit and encourage runners to enter South West races. Where there is sufficient demand we will try to put coaches on for some of these.
● There are 12 races in total and we will give prizes to those completing either 8 or all 12 at the annual awards evening.
● We have abandoned for now the complications of ‘jokers’ etc.
● We already have 25 runners going to Newquay in February and have therefore included this. As the race is now full and so we will enable anyone to nominate their own alternative for February. However, from now on it is up to each of us to enter early through Vince Pitman or individually.
LIST OF INCLUDED EVENTS
21st January Stormforce 10
4th February Newquay 10K
11th March Falmouth Half Marathon
25th March An Res Hellys (10 miles with some off road including a short beach section)
13th May Imerys Half or full marathon (Off road on the clay trails)
23rd June Sticker 5
6th July Erme Valley Relays (2.5 miles road)
5th August Indian Queens Half Marathon
2nd September Treggy 7
October Tavy 7
November Templer Ten (trail)
25th November Mob Match (5 miles Falmouth)
● In addition to the above events where the emphasis is on participation for your club and points are given equally to all we will hold separate one off championships based on competition. We have chosen 2 local value for money races one on road the other off road and encourage all Trotters to take part. At these races awards will be given simply to the first 3 males and females home.
Road Championship race 2018 Ivybridge 10k 12th May
Trail Championship race 2018 Armada Autumn Trail 9th September
If this works I could potentially add a one mile track race one summer evening at Saltash and an uphill murder mile. Please give any thoughts or comments to me or any other member of the committee and I hope to see as many as possible taking part and enjoying days out with the Trotters. 7 of the nominated races are part of the Cornish Grand Prix meaning if you did those and any one other you would also qualify for a prize at their annual ceremony following the Mob Match. You will have earned it!
You do not have to do anything to enter for the club Grand Prix sereis
by completing one of its races, you are automatically included.
You need to complete 8 races to qualify for a prize in recognition of your achievements
Finish all 12 races, and the prize will be that little bit more special!!
The first Trotter home in each race will be awarded 50 points, the second 49 and so on.
The final table based on your best eight results from across the season and all prizes will be presented at the Club Awards Evening.
This list is subject to change should races for whatever reason be cancelled
The Tamar Trotters Grand Prix results will be updated after each race, and be posted on the website, Facebook page and promoted through our Trot On... newsletter.
TAMAR TROTTERS GRAND PRIX SERIES